Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Thankful Day 14

I've talked a lot about my mom's family. That's mostly because I spent most of my time with them. My dad's mom lived in New Mexico until I was 9 or 10 and his siblings were all scattered too.

My dad's dad and my step-grandma were close and I have lots of memories in their cafe. Working there one summer was my very first job and it was actually really enjoyable. It felt good to do something productive and spend time with my family as well.

I also have lots of uncles on my dad's side as well. My dad's older brother has a son my age and so has always been pretty involved in my life. We went on our first real family vacation with them and I still laugh at the pictures.

Even though I spent a lot more time with my mom's family, I still love and appreciate my dad's family too. Today I'm thankful for them. Happy Birthday Uncle Rick!





Bookmark and Share

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...