Saturday, November 17, 2012

Thankful Day 15

Last night I told Chance I was starving for hot wings and he immediately suggested I go to the store and get stuff to make them. Instead I suggested we have them for dinner tonight.

I had tried hot wings before, but they didn't play a major role in my life until Chance met his friend Jeremiah. It was a kind of fate thing I think. Chance didn't really have any friends and Jeremiah had just moved to Oklahoma with his girlfriend and found a construction job with Chance and my dad. They really clicked at work, and like usual I had to push Chance to have a friend. (He's not good at it, he knows it)

After we hung out for the first time, it was set. He and his girlfriend lived close enough that we could spend time with them fairly often. They were close to our age and she had a daughter so they weren't into partying like most people our age. We had a lot of fun. And some craziness.

But that was 2006 and six years later I still miss the good old days. I messaged Jeremiah the other night, first on how to make the hot sauce and then to tell him that we missed him. He came to visit this past winter and we visited him last spring. Maybe we'll get to go up this summer, doubtful but I'm not giving up hope. :)

So today, I'm feeling a little sentimental and am very thankful Chance met him and the fun times we had together. Thankful for friends.




Bookmark and Share

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...