Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Bierocks

I recently came across this recipe on pinterest and since I love cabbage, sausage and biscuits I thought it was a must try.

I'll be completely honest, I won't tell anyone about this recipe out loud, because I'm still unsure of how to even say it. I was hesitant to post it because there are so many spellings and I don't want to do it wrong. But, what I have seen includes bierrocks, bierocks, bier rocks and runzas.

The recipe calls for dinner roll dough. I have no idea what that is, walmart didn't have roll dough, only biscuits so I used crescents. If you know what dinner roll dough is, use it. I also skipped several steps by using cole slaw mix, which is also what I use for egg rolls. Much easier. I also didn't use beef because I already had the sausage and was making a smaller batch than the original.

They turned out really tasty, though I'm sure I'm the only here who will eat them. Definitely something I will make again as they were quick and easy.


Ingredients
1 (8 ounce) can refrigerated crescent roll dough
1 pound pork sausage
1/2 bag slaw mix
1 cup chopped onion
1/4 cup butter, melted


Directions
Roll out dough to 1/4 inch in thickness, then cut into 5 inch squares.
In a large skillet, cook sausage over medium heat until browned; make sure there is no remaining pink color. Stir in cabbage, onions and seasoning with meat (I added a little salt, not too much and pepper). Saute for about 20 minutes. Turn down heat to warm.
Fill each dough square with a tablespoon of meat filling. Seal dough by bringing the four corners up and then overlapping them. Place pastry upside down on a baking sheet; brush each roll with melted butter.


Bake in a preheated 350 degrees oven for for 10-15 minutes. 









Bookmark and Share

1 comments:

wholesale beads said...

Helpful information. Fortunate me I found your site by accident, and I am stunned why this twist of fate did not took place in advance! I bookmarked it.white-Turquoise Beads

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...