Friday, August 3, 2012

Surprises!!

Having online friends (most of whom you've never met) is a really crazy experience. You get to meet these people from all over the country (and world) with completely different world views, values, and skills. 

As it turns out, I have this friend who can knit (and crochet, and sew and is overall crafty). 

A few months ago I found this adorable little fox newborn prop, and since baby's room is decorated in woodland creatures, emphasis on adorable little foxes, I decided I needed it. I talked to my friend who can knit, and we talked about her making it, etc. That was before I quit my job and had less realistic expectations of what I should be spending considering I was about to be income-less. 

Fast forward to a few weeks ago, I found a little fox ear hat and decided that I would be satisfied with that. I needed to spend a little less money and the hat was an adorable compromise. So again, I messaged my friend and she said she could definitely do it, no big deal and she would get started on it soon. 

She was done asap, and shipped it out. It arrived in the mail today. 



Is this not the most adorable hat you've ever seen? (Just say yes)




But as I was pulling out the hat, I noticed there was something else in the envelope. Turns out my friend, my sweet amazing friend also made the adorable newborn photo prop as well. 



Doesn't she know suprising pregnant people makes them cry? (I didn't take a picture of that. lol)

I am so excited and SO blessed to have received such a gift! I will make sure to take lots of pictures of my sweet baby boy in his adorable little prop and post them up in his room for all to see. It's wonderful and amazing! Thanks Devin! 

(Devin has an etsy shop that does custom orders and has some products in stock. She does an amazing job. I'm planning to order a hat for big brother now too. :))






Bookmark and Share

5 comments:

Gigi said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Rikki said...

Devin always does an amazing job! She's a good friend.

Kelly said...

Devin is awesome! And so is Sally! Happy to have you both in my heart!

Amy said...

Too cute! I can recognize Devin's work even without you saying who made it lol!

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry I made you cry. I only wanted to make you smile. :-)

And I can't wait to see Foster modeling it. I need a good picture of a cute baby for my site, and if he takes after his brother or his parents AT ALL he's going to be gorgeous. <3

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...