Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Blog Topics?

Lately I've been relying more on a predefined topic as inspiration instead of my daily life. I think there's a really thin line between a creative writing project and a blog topic. 

Sometimes I just need a boost, an idea. Something to get the creative spark going, so this is really helpful to me. BUT, I do think that it's important to use the topic to tell your own story, and not create one. 

While going through a topic list, I kept coming back to one: "Describe the nicest thing you've ever done for someone." 

I don't know about you, but praising myself is not my strong suit. I'm great a being sarcastic and pretending to brag, and I know what I'm good at, but that's not the same as narrating something that I've done and why it's the nicest thing I've ever done.

I don't think I'm a horrible person, but I know that I don't just go around doing nice things for people. I actually can't tell you something at all nice that I've done for anyone. 

And that makes me really sad, to think that I can't even think of anything. My goal, before Christmas, is to complete an activity that will be able to finish this blog topic question. 




Bookmark and Share

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...