Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Why do you blog?

As I was looking at my blog stats today I giggled. I get a ton of people wandering up to my blog searching for things like, "the man who wears the pants" or "domineering men wearing the pants" or, my personal favorite of this theme "to the man who wear the pants." These all really crack me up, because I think this is a blog written by a mommy. But then I remember that I'm so much more than that and I do talk about so much more than that. I don't just come here to journal my child's life or my families life. I come here to write about what I'm thinking, feeling, doing or in the state of being.

Sometimes I wish that I could make this blog more enterprising and use it for something. I even hope to make the "Blog of Note" list. But those things come with people judging what I write, people misunderstanding what I write, or perhaps just misinterpreting what I'm saying. That's not why I'm here. If you don't like what I have written, by all means don't read it. Don't come back. This is a public place, sure, but no one is forcing you to come here and see my words. The words I poured out of my mind, heart, and being. These things are so personal to me and this is the only place I have to write them. So while I love having people read my thoughts, words, and daily life notes if I say something you don't like, don't read it. And don't come back, because while I'm very open to change it doesn't happen all that often.

So if you've ever wondered why I post, now you know. If you've ever agreed with what I'm saying, tell me. If you disagree, respectfully tell me, but don't expect your opinion to change me unless you're really persuasive. So there.




Bookmark and Share

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...