Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Dear Archer

To my sweet sweet son:

This is possibly my favorite age for you so far. You are a little wild and crazy, but you are also so thoughtful. We talk all the time. You tell me the funniest stories, and you always remember the details of the stories I tell you. You will come running up to me the next day asking about something we've talked about already. You are obsessed with chocolate milk and wake up daily asking for it. You love watching movies and tv, begging for Wow Wow Wubbzy or Toy Story. You still remember the tall buildings from NYC and riding in the taxi. You actually asked to take a taxi home while we were still in New York state, that made me laugh. Since your third birthday is coming up, we've been talking about that a lot. You wanted Race Cars (Disney Cars) for your party theme, but I really wanted to do Toy Story since it's been your obsession all year. You love building castles by stacking things up and you love anything super hero related, especially capes. Since it's summer time you have been swimming so much at Gigi's pool. You want to do it without arm floats and think you can swim under water like the big kids. You've just recently started flipping when you go down the slide which is so scary to me, but at the same time I love seeing you learn new things. You are so brave. I'm sure whenever you read this, you will be just as brave as you are now. Hopefully, you will eventually learn how to balance the bravery with safety.

I love you a bushel and a peck. :) I'll keep you forever.

Love Mommy

I saw a post on LMM that was a letter to her son, and I felt the need to share my feelings with mine.




Bookmark and Share

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...