Saturday, November 10, 2012

Thankful Day 10

Today I'm thankful for my Nanny and Poppy. I grew up living a quarter mile from my grandparents and they have made a lasting impression on my life.

While my mom worked, I went to their house instead of day care. I was spoiled, taught manners and politeness, I learned how to read and write before school, l learned how to use a computer and I learned what unconditional love was.

I miss my Nanny so much. I'm sad that she can't be here to snuggle my babies, to listen to Archer's silly stories and just be a part of our lives. But I'm so grateful she taught me how to love and set the example for how I should treat my children. We sing her songs all the time and I know a part of her will always be with me.

Today is my Poppy's 73 birthday and I'm so grateful he's still with us. I'm grateful he's still healthy and able to spend his Sundays with us.

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...