Sunday, November 11, 2012

Thankful Day 11

Today I am thankful or the many aunts and uncles God has given me.

I grew up with amazing grandparents, but I also had their siblings as well. My Nanny had 4 brothers who were all like extra grandfathers and the two aunts I had were exactly the same. Recently the final of my Nanny's living sibling passed away and it was such bittersweet news. Sad because he was no longer here with us, but so glorious because he was reunited with his parents and siblings.

He was an amazing man, I've never met a single person who didn't love him deeply. He could always be counted on for an excellent story and a smile. And more than all of that, he married the sweetest woman a man could ask for. She cared for him to the very end, after 4 battles with cancer and I'm so blessed to have her in my life too.

These people set an amazing example for my mothers sisters. I grew up with two extra houses, I was always welcome, and accepted their invitations frequently. I even had my own key for years (until I lost it eek!).

So today, I'm so very thankful for my aunts and uncles.




Bookmark and Share

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...