Monday, July 16, 2012

It's Summer!

Hmm, it's been a while. :) Life is hectic and crazy here. In May I finished my last day at my job and have been staying home with my little critter every day. It's exhausting and glorious and fun. I know some day I will look back on these days and be so glad I got to spend extra time with him, although sometimes I think we both get a little tired of each other.

Some days it is TOO hot outside for us to spend more than a few minutes at a time during the day, but we definitely try. A few weeks ago (July 4th actually) I caught this moment on camera and I was really pleased with it. I just wanted a candid smiling shot and the wind blew just right for the flag to show up behind him. 


I wanted to enter it in Shutterfly's giveaway for Americana, but I missed the deadline! Oh well. That just means I'll have to snap a few more since it's a month long contest. This weeks entry needs to be about "The Great Outdoors." You can enter your own photo here

For this week, I'm entering this photo taken at my uncle's cabin. Back in May we had a small family get together, well small in some ways. There were several family members there, but small in comparison to those who couldn't make it. My uncle has a cabin in the Wichita Mountains (Southern Oklahoma) and this is literally the view from his front door. It's so beautiful there. 


I did enter my photo into Shutterfly's Long Live Summer sweepstakes and I received 100 free 4x6 prints for doing so. As always, love shutterfly and their great promotions. 

Hopefully this post will boost my posting. I forget and get sidetracked, but this is my vow to start posting here more. :) Until next time. 

Bookmark and Share

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...