Monday, October 11, 2010

Plan Your Own Funeral

My friend Nobody posted a blog about funerals earlier today. Usually I just answer her posts in a comment (like I want you readers to do) but today decided I needed to post my own blog about it. There is just too much to say on this topic.

First of all, upon my death, I wish to be cremated. I don't want my body to be viewed anywhere, not at the funeral home before, and not at the funeral. I have very strong religious feelings. I know that my earthly body is only the vessel for my heavenly body, and that when I die my spirit is with God and not in that old body here on Earth. Please don't look at this body and weep, remember my alive and well self, and think happy thoughts for where I am now.

Secondly, I would like a funeral. I want my family to gather and tell my son stories about my life; stories that he may or may not have already heard. I want him to see the impact I (hopefully) made on the lives of others. I don't want it to be a sad affair. I would like a prayer for my family to have strength, some uplifting music, a time for invitation so that others may find the glory of God that I will be reveling in, and a meal for my family after.

After my funeral, I want my family to gather around Chance and Archer and embrace them. They are going to need it.

So, there's the short version. What's your funeral?




Bookmark and Share

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...