Monday, August 23, 2010

Good, no Great news!!

Did you know Ramadan started a few weeks back? Did you know that makes it super dangerous for soldiers and very scary for their families?

Last Sunday, my (ex)aunt got a call from another soldier's mother that my cousin was unaccounted for during/after a fire fight. She didn't tell us until she actually heard from him that he was OK, but it was super scary to think about it.

This Sunday, she got the call he was on his way home. We knew it was close, but didn't know when it would happen.

This was a cousin who was a close childhood friend, but our lives took us in different directions. Even with all the passed time, I thought, prayed, worried for him often.

He is back on US soil today and I am so very relieved.




- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

1 comments:

Nobody said...

so glad to hear he's on his way home! my brother's in Iraq right now, and not a day goes by that i don't worry about him. :(

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...