Saturday, September 5, 2009

Living vicariously

Chance complains constantly about how he didn't get to play football in highschool. Our school didn't have it, but the two bigger schools nearby did.

We now live in a town where football is offered. He insists that Archer will play (or at least try out) football. I go back and forth on this issue.

I love watching football, but I really don't want my baby boy getting slammed to the ground and bruised. As a high school football player, I know the hits he will be taking will be much more severe.

I would love for him to play baseball. It's so laid back and much more challenging. It's not based on brute strength, it's based on technique.

But no, the caveman inside my husband insists my son prove his caveman-ness too.

ETA: When I asked why football and not baseball, wanna know the answer? "Because it's manlier." I knew he was a secret caveman.

1 comments:

Kristen said...

I know how you feel. I felt the same way until I actually saw my son play and now I look forward to a good hit! Of course, I don't want him getting hurt, though. He's in his 3rd year of tackle football (and has done 6 seasons of flag) at 10-years old and having a great time. We did two years of baseball and it was just too slow for him. He loves basketball and lacrosse, too. There is always a chance that he won't like football, too.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...