Thursday, July 9, 2009

Why women should rule the world.

My dad has been talking about trading his truck in for months. Well, this summer they have been trying really hard to unload the behemoth (it's an 07 Ford F150 V8 longbed) and a few weeks ago my dad found a truck he was ok with. They went and looked at it, but they were still $10 over his current payment and he refused to pay it. My mom finally talked him into it, but only if he got this Escape that was cheaper because she drives it anyway.

My dad talked to the kid, who is my age FYI, and got everything all worked out. My mom was supposed to go up, pick up the Escape and leave the truck for the night.

We get up there today, kid isn't anywhere around. No receptionist, not a woman in the dealership at all. After waiting about 5 minutes another salesman comes out and asks if we are waiting for something. No shit sherlock. What else would we be doing sitting in the lobby of a car dealership? We say yes, tell him what the deal is. He wanders around, finds another man to follow him in his wandering. The owner comes up, he is apparently kid's dad. So now we have the first stupid man, the man he picked up, kid and kid's dad wandering around trying to get the car ready.

Kid's dad comes up sits down, bs-es for a while and then tells my mom he can't really make the deal he offered my dad over the phone yesterday because that was for the truck and not the Escape. The E is $4k cheaper, so why would the payments be more you ask? Men are dumb that's why. So now kid's dad tells us we can test drive the E or the Truck that my dad had orginally picked out. Mom says she knows what the truck drives like, it's just like the one she has.

We take the E and call my dad to tell him about the crap deal they have going on. My dad says to just come home, because oh yeah we drove 30 minutes to do this, but then he decides he will just call and see what the deal is.

Somewhere in all the mass chaos of stupid men I suggest that they need a woman in the dealership running the show and my mom quips, "Yeah, kid's mom needs to come down here and line her men out."

Gotta love bossy controlling feminists. Now you guys see why I like Kate Gosselin. Yeah she might be bossy and snotty, but occasionally it's necessary.


0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...