Saturday, May 30, 2009

I'm being a feminist again.

I had a thought today, I have really never once considered myself feminist, but I think I must really be. How ironic huh, a stay at home mom feminazi?

This is the reason, the show "Little Rascals." Basic idea: Young boys having a club called, "He-Man Woman Haters Club" and the only exception to this club, the cutest girl in town Darla.

Ok, first of all that title is as insulting as it gets. I mean, that's not PC in anyway shape or form. Then to have little boys acting and talking about it makes it worse. Add to that, the cute girl can be in the club, but only because the boys are all lusting after her, really? I'm not OK with that, on any level.

Chance says to this, "They are just kids, they don't have any idea what's going on. It's just a kids show."

Yeah, but when this show first came out, KIDS weren't writing storylines, scripts, or directing it, MEN were. Chauvanistic, men were.

While I don't agree in all things feminist, my son will not be watching Little Rascals, on principle. : )

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...