Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Week 12 and some extra

I posted recently that my little boy is going to be a big brother this year. Since I didn't do a post explaining the announcement (what explanation is needed? lol) I thought I would combine my initial pregnancy story and my twelve week update in the same post. 

On Saturday January 7th, I decided to take a pregnancy test. My period is always irregular and after a few late days I take a test just to ease my mind. (I bought some really cheap on amazon and they are actually accurate.) Let's just say I was a little more than shocked when that second line popped up. 

Even though we had a big surprise, we're still happy and excited. I make this statement because I get asked this question all the time. I'm not really sure what people expect me to say when they ask if we're excited, I've actually considered telling the next person that I'm terrified and we're considering adoption. Because really, find a better question (lol). 

I wasn't really having any symptoms before taking the test, but as soon as I did a lot of symptoms were explained. For example, I took the test my first week back to school after Christmas break. I was exhausted, but I was just thinking that was because I had been so lazy over break. I also realized my boobs were sore, but I had been attributing that my upcoming period. It also explained my overly emotional state. 

So, that's the beginning of my pregnancy. 

As for an update until week 12, I've been tired, nauseous, and full of acid. I haven't thrown up yet. I'm sure there will be lots of hate mail over that last statement, but that doesn't mean I haven't been miserable. I spent every day from the second week of January to now getting heartburn from everything I ate, including plain toast. I had to sleep upright because the acid was giving me a sore throat by the time I woke up. I know lots of people who have it worse every day, and I know just how lucky I am. 

This pregnancy has been similar (that I can remember) to my previous pregnancy with the exception of the heartburn. I don't remember it being so bad so early. 

My newest problem is dizziness. I am dizzy just about every day. It's usually worse in the evenings, but there have been a few days that I felt like I couldn't even lift my head up. 

Mostly, I'm just ready to feel normal again and looking forward to the more fun parts of being pregnant. I'm ready to feel the baby, get to see it on ultrasound, and pick out fun stuff for baby. :) 

Stay tuned for the Week 16 update.






Bookmark and Share

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...