Monday, October 3, 2011

Andes Mint Cookies

A friend had these cookies at her daughter's party this weekend. I thought they were chocolate chip with nuts or something, grabbed one and sat down to eat it. It had Andes Mints. Are you serious?! They were awesome. I asked her for the recipe, but when I went to buy the Andes Mint chips at the store I found a recipe on the back so I didn't hesitate to come home and make them. 

The recipe was easy, I've never made cookies from scratch so I was worried, but it was simple. After I mixed the dough, it was a little dry and crumbly. I think it was because my eggs were small, so I would suggest using large eggs. Mine were medium farm fresh brown, so there just wasn't enough moisture. I mixed up another egg and rubbed it into the dough after letting it cool. 

The cookies grew really tall, so make sure after you make them into a ball that you flatten them out.



Yum!

Ingredients

    • 1/2 cup butter, softened
    • 3/4 cup dark brown sugar
    • 1/2 cup granulated sugar
    • 1 teaspoon baking soda
    • 1 teaspoon baking powder
    • 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
    • 2 large eggs
    • 1 (10 ounce) packages Andes mint baking chips
    • 2 2/3 cups all-purpose flour sifted

Directions

  1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
  2. Blend butter, brown sugar, white granulated sugar, baking soda, baking powder, vanilla and eggs until ingredients are mixed.
  3. Add Andes Baking Chips and mix.
  4. Add Flour and continue to mix until all ingredients are well blended together.
  5. Cover and chill in the refrigerator for 45-60 minutes.
  6. Spoon out approximately 1 oz of dough per cookie.
  7. Form a ball and then slightly flatten.
  8. Place on non-stick baking pans and bake for approximately 8-10 minutes.
  9. Cool on pans for 2 minutes, then remove.

Shared at: http://www.jamhands.net/2011/10/recipe-sharing-monday-10-features.html



Bookmark and Share

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...