Thursday, March 10, 2011

Goin on a Trip: Take 1

Today was hellacious. We got to the airport hours early, as neither of us have flown with the new stringent security measures and wanted to be on top of things.

It took us 20 mins to get through security. Which means we had 3.5 hours to kill....Or so we thought.

Turns out there was flooding in Newark, our connecting airport. Due to said flooding our plane was nearly two hours late. Since we had a connecting flight, the two hours would have made us miss it. Continental offered to let us switch our flight to the next day, until when we went to confirm that option, all flights in/out of Newark got cancelled. Even tomorrow.

After hours of crying, yesterday's mascara I didn't even know was there streaked down my face, etc, the guy at the continental desk transferred us to US Airways.

I was thrilled, even though that meant another hour of waiting. Until I looked down to see none of our seats were together. I had to board early and then beg this guy to switch with me. He did. It was awesome. I owe him.

After that, we sat down on the most cramped, teeny plane seats I've ever seen. I'm not sure if it's passed time or the airline. But I sure don't remember Southwest being this cramped.

Archer stayed awake a few minutes. And now he's currently crashed. Now that you're updated, I think I'll take a nap.

Later.

1 comments:

Nobodys Nothings said...

aw, hang in there mama. the only piece of advice i have for you is to ALWAYS expect the unexpected! typically people are very laid back about switching seats, especially for a mom to be with her kid. oh, and crying women ALWAYS get attention first. ;) good luck the rest of your trip, have fun!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...