Monday, October 15, 2012

Big steps

I recently took a big step in my life.

I have loved photography since I was a little girl. Ask my mom, there are millions of pictures of our pets, random things in the yard, flowers, etc. I had a cheapie camera for a long time, I got an advantix (remember those?) for my birthday one year and for my 14th birthday I received a polaroid mini pic camera. I wasted a ton of film, most of which I'm sure is still at my mom's house waiting to be developed.

I went without a camera for many years and when I was in college Chance bought my first digital camera. I loved it. It renewed my love. Since that time I've upgraded twice (with a plan to upgrade in the next year or two) and now have a Nikon d5100. It takes great photos, which led to people asking me to do some portraits for them.

I've done my sister's family several times and with the rise of social media I've been asked by non family to do theirs as well. I decided that if so many people are asking me to take their photos, maybe I should consider doing it.

Last week, I took a leap of faith, designed my own logo and made a facebook page advertising myself. I'm not a professional, I have no actual training. I'm still learning, but to learn I need more people and sessions to gain practice. I offered a free session on my facebook page and got a really good response. I've had a few people ask for paid sessions.

I'm not really sure I'm ready for that, but I think a lower price point reflects that? I'm just not sure.

I know I'm ready to put myself out there and learn more. To get more experience and possibly make a business out of this.




Bookmark and Share

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...