Monday, December 5, 2011

Christmas is here!

My Christmas tree is UP! I spent the day Saturday preparing myself and my house for Christmas. 

I told Archer early in the week we would put the tree up on Saturday so he would have something to look forward to. I had too much homework to do it any sooner. This also worked as a double tactic, because he behaved much better with the threat of the tree looming over his head. 

I picked him up from my mom's Saturday morning and we headed home for holiday activities. First, I made him clean his room and the living room, the threat of the tree also worked for this and by two in the afternoon the house was clean, his toys were picked up, bed was made and we were ready to decorate. 

I pulled the tree out from behind the couch (where it's stored) only to find that it was the small 3 foot tree I had thought, but a 6 foot slim with colored lights. (When did I buy that? Apparently last year.) Once the tree was out I had to search for the ornaments. The first two places I looked for (and found) some ornaments, I didn't find what I was looking for. Finally, in the back of the hall closet I found what I wanted, the no shatter blue ornaments. 

I started supper (Beer and Paprika Beef Stew by the Pioneer Woman, love) and cookies and then we had some company for a while. The kids played and the moms talked all while Harry Potter played in the background. It felt pretty nice to have friends over and have someone to talk to. Archer gets so bored with just Mom, so it worked out perfectly. He even tried to lock the door so Sidnee couldn't leave. 

Finally, after our company left, we put the ornaments on and had a finished tree. It's so much more fun doing all of this stuff with a little boy who is experiencing it for the first time. His little eyes just light up every time I show him something new about Christmas and he hasn't even seen his presents (because they aren't wrapped) yet. 

He was so excited about getting the tree put up. As I was putting ornaments on he ran up and hugged my legs saying, "I love you Mommy. I love this tree. Thank you so much for putting it up." Warms my Mommy heart.

It's almost Christmas time here. 

A dove for my Nanny.




My tribe ornaments. They send one each year.


My silly boy! 





Bookmark and Share

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...