Thursday, July 15, 2010

Crossed another off the list

So you might have noticed, I crossed something off my list. If you didn't notice, it's number 1. Read more.

I'm not exactly sure what more means, and what I'm comparing to, but I was in a rut for a while where I just wasn't mentally stimulated. lol Well, so far this year, I have read a lot of books. Things I wouldn't normally read, ie lots of YA books since I work at a middle school and that's all the library has. I've also started a new series, The Milennium series. It's crime fiction. I've never really been a major crime fan, but it's ok. I love this series. The first book is The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo. It's gritty, and dirty, and European. It's kind of like Pan's Labrinth. Things happen that you just do not expect.

I also read a Brit dramedy called The Reading Group. I love all things British entertainment. Bridget Jones' Diary was one of my all time favorites, and I grabbed this because it looked good, and it was. Very soap opera-ish, but a good read none the less. I much prefer my drama be fiction than real life.

On top of these, I'm current, via Audiobooks via Audible.com via my iPod on the Sookie Stackhouse Southern Vampire Mysteries. Also known as the books that fuel the True Blood series on HBO. We have the channel just to watch the show, and I'm not quite convinced that I like where the show is going...but I guess I'll keep watching to see. But that's TV not books.

I've done a lot of reading this summer. Every break from homework, wifing, and parenting I've had has been filled with a book, thus the neglect of this poor little blog. But a friend posted an article about stay at home moms, and while I'm technically not one, I am this summer, and as the article says, Mom's who stay at home like to fill their 15 minutes of free time with what pleases them, and right now, that's a book and a bath. (Now that I have hot water again, that is.)

So, I crossed something off my list, are you crossing anything off of yours?

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...