Sunday, July 26, 2009

Long Weekend

Went from one of those days, to a super long weekend. Not a bad weekend, just long.

Friday I took Archer to my moms and then enjoyed a LONG hot jetted bath. Really helped to ease some of the frustration from the previous day. I drove up to OKC (Oklahoma City for the foreigners), well Moore really, but it's on the boundary line. Actually, to get technical, I drove to Norman first to see my friend and her brand new baby girl Sidnee Lee. She is so tiny, I felt like a moron who couldn't say anything but how tiny she was.

Archer weighed 8lbs 8oz, he wasn't a small baby by any means. Sidnee weighed 6lbs and had dropped to near 5 when I was seeing her. Her little head was sooo tiny, remember my son had/has a big round Einstein like head. She was a cutie, but I couldn't get over how doll like she was!!

Friday night I spent with my best friend. It was a ton of fun, and I am super ready to go back. We spent the even giggling like little kids (this is all we generally do, we are experts at making the other laugh to the point of aches and nose squirting) and I got to see her little brother who is now all grown up! I haven't seen him since he was 15 probably, he's now 19 almost 20. He just moved back to OK from CO and I'm so glad because when we were kids he was the little brother I never had.

I had to be up first thing Saturday morning to go take a stinking test for my certification. I had Severe/Profound, Multiple Disabilities at 8. I had to check in at 715. I pull up to the school, there is a line from the front door of the HS to the football field. While I realize you have no idea what this means, I'm sure you understand the sentiment. An older man who latched onto me after lunch since we were in the same room for both tests said he asked and there were 1100 people testing. Insane.

You are alotted 4 hours per test. I finished the first in about an hour and a half. I'm not an expert in directions or where things are in OKC, so I wandered for a while until I found the road that takes me to my favorite mall. I headed to it, went straight to Starbucks, got a latte and wandered back to BBW to see a good friend from my BBW days. (I don't generally drink coffee because I'm not a fan of the taste without all the extras cappucino and lattes have to offer, BUT I love the feeling of the caffeine moving throughout my body. Chance says I'm making it up, but I can totally feel my brain clear up and then the rest of my limbs seem to follow suit as I drain the drink.) I talked with her about life and nothing in particular until I could head to my FAVORITE restaurant for lunch.

It's called Pepperoni Grill. MMmmm. They have this awesome cracked pepper and parmesan cheese bread. It is so good. The cheese is baked inside, just this rectangle of cheese. I could subsist on it. They serve it with olive oil and balsamic vinegar, I'm not a fan of the mixture so I dip it straight in the vinegar. MMmmmmm. Wait, where was I?

Right, after lunch I had to go back and wait for 1230 to arrive so that they would allow us back into the building to resume testing. This is where the older man latched on to me. I was sitting quietly on a bench reading a Mrs. Murphy book. I had never read a Mrs. Murphy book, but the idea of an entire story being told by a cat was cute, so I decided to try it. Didn't get very far before old man interrupted to ask if I had sat next to him during the AM session, which I did. He then told me his life story, well, his professional life story. I didn't ask about anything else, but he seemed to want to talk so I indulged him. It was his birthday I found out, or I might have gone back to reading.

By this time, the two small glasses of coke served with my bread and the coffee from Starbucks were wearing off. I get to my classroom to test, I sit down, they go through the spiel and I crash. I was soooo tired I was fighting to keep my eyes open. So, I would sit for a few seconds rest, and then force myself to focus. Some of the questions were so absurdly easy, and then some I just played einy meiny, miney mo and guessed. (that's my method, fyi)

This test (still alotted 4 hours) took me 3. It was a little longer, and the one I was a little more worried about. After the test, I walked out into the extreme sweltering heat. It had gotten so hot in those 3 hours. Plus it was starting to cloud over and the humidity was drowning me. I buzzed back to the interstate and headed to Yukon to get a hood vent from my friend Joy/Alice Cullen. She had it in her last garage sale for $25 so I told her to save it for me. We hadn't had one since the beginning of the great remodel, and I was so happy to get one that cheap! (Of course when I went to get it, she wouldn't let me pay her, the punk.)

I then had to drive home. On the drive home, Chance called bitching that I needed to take my dad's cell phone to him ASAP because they had needed it at work. This is the 2nd time I've borrowed one of my parents cell phones. It's so dumb because he (my dad) was whining about it, and then saying he was going to get a disposable phone for me to use so I wouldn't bother him about it. Whatever. They had to work all weekend on a side job resulting from the tornado in May.

I get home. I was telling Chance how wiped out I was, and he's pissed because he's tired and I'm supposed to be all nice when I get home because he's supposedly working so he can buy me a new computer. Whatever, he was in such a bad mood, I just went on to my moms to pick up Archer.

Of course when I got home, he was all apologizing, said he was tired. I made him go get us food to make up for it.

Arch went to bed fairly early, slept all night long! Chance had to get up for work early, so about 8 when Arch did finally wake up I gathered him up to sleep with me and snuggle to make up for the weekend.

Today, I was supposed to take Arch to Chance's parents since they didn't get to see him yesterday. Chance told them I would be there noonish. Chance got home at 1240 bitching because I hadn't taken him over yet. "Why do you always have to be late?" He said, like the jerk he can be.

I just walked out. When I got back, he tried to apologize, but the man kind where he still tried to make it my fault. So, while he was taking a nap on the couch I decided to vacuum. : )

Anyway, now it's time to cook, and some guy called about spraying my yard for insects so he's coming too. It was kind of funny, because he was REALLY trying hard to sell me on it, name dropping and such. Eh, but the dog next door has fleas and I'm sick of wearing a ton of bug spray AND using citranella coils to keep the mosquitoes from biting. Not to mention the fact that Archer and I still have bites!

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...